|Title:||Program Associate, Business Operations|
|Department:||Mental Health First Aid|
The National Council for Behavioral Health (National Council) is the unifying voice of America’s community mental health and addictions treatment organizations. A not-for-profit 501(c)(3) association, the National Council for Behavioral Health’s mission is to advance our members’ ability to deliver integrated healthcare. Together with our 3,400 member organizations, we serve our nation’s most vulnerable citizens — more than 10 million adults and children living with mental illnesses and addiction disorders. We are committed to ensuring all Americans have access to comprehensive, high-quality care that affords every opportunity for recovery and full participation in community life. The National Council introduced Mental Health First Aid USA and more than 2.5 million Americans have been trained.
The National Council is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and commit ourselves to creating an inclusive environment for everyone.
As directed by the Sr. Director, Business Operations, the Program Associate is responsible for supporting e-commerce sources, managing the associated data, and providing helpdesk support related to payment, systems operation, and refunds as directed.
- Facilitate the invoicing and reconciliation process for MHFA instructors;
- Assist in coordinating the fulfillment vendor relationship for the MHFA store;
- Support the product development process for new swag and items sold on the MHFA store;
- Support the MHFA store purchase processing to include general customer service, invoice creation, purchase order processing;
- Assist the Senior Programs Associate in LMS purchase processing to include general customer service, invoice creation, purchase order processing, training unit creation, training unit transfer and refund requests;
- Support vendor contracts and relationships as needed; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in related field
- 2-3 years of relevant work experience in a related field
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Results-oriented with customer service experience, high attention to detail, ability to multi-task, and meet deadlines in a demanding, fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office - MS Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint
- 1-2 years’ experience in CRM databases (i.e. Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics, etc.) and web based (cloud) data platforms
- Ability to perform as a team player in a fast-paced environment and be able to manage competing priorities
National Council is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer – All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
National Council uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please contact the Department of Homeland Security at 888-897-7781 or visitwww.dhs.gov/everify.
National Council for Behavioral Health uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please contact the Department of Homeland Security at 888-897-7781 or by visiting www.dhs.gov/everify
Labor Law Posters for Remote Staff:
Labor Law Posters
The EEO is the Law poster is current. This is the supplement. EEO is the Law Supplement