|Location:||Washington, DC or Remote|
The National Council for Behavioral Health is the unifying voice of America’s mental health and addictions service and treatment organizations. For over 10 years, the National Council has offered internship opportunities to young people and students of all ages who have an interest in applying their passion, education and skillset to projects at a national association focused on mental health and addictions. The National Council’s internship program brings together interns from various disciplines to professionally develop together under the auspices of the Business & Strategy Department, while being tasked out to specific departments of the organization to integrate into project teams and complete various projects and initiatives.
The National Council is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and commit ourselves to creating an inclusive environment for everyone.
The Intern, Conferences will work directly with the AVP, Conferences to support a variety of events management needs of the organization. The National Council hosts the largest annual behavioral health conference in health care and hosts dozens of other trainings/meetings throughout the year, ranging from 15-6,000 attendees. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we have rapidly converted many events to virtual and looking ahead, the Conferences Department will be building out our capacity to host best-in-class virtual and hybrid events.
Essential Duties/Responsibilities: Duties will Include a combination of the following:
- Coordinate registration processes in advance and on-site for conferences
- Set-up/create and test registration websites and forms
- Oversee data entry, payment, refund, and general procedures
- Assist with registration customer service via phone calls and emails
- Assist with registration and accounting reports
- Order badge holders, ribbons, and other supplies
- Provide backup telephone and email support
- Assist speaker management and collection of key speaker and session Information via CadmiumCD, a speaker management system
- Help coordinate speaker and session schedules
- Provide backup support for speaker communications such as Issuing Invitations and letters of acceptance
- Coordinate speaker travel and logistics
- Coordinate speaker AV requirements
- Pull session reports as requested
- Code invoices
- Coordinate staff, speaker, and VIP hotel sleeping room requirements
- Order food and beverage using historical food consumption data
- Order awards and other promotional items
- Coordinate staff assignments
- Manage conference websites
- Any combination of education and experience that shows experience in a event planning or customer relations environment
- Exceptional customer relations skills
- Excellent database management and proficiency with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Power Point, Access, Outlook)
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail and excellent proofreading skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others and the desire to be part of a committed work team
- Strong work ethic with an enthusiastic, positive attitude, and the highest level of integrity
- Maintain regular and timely attendance
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to multi-task and meet multiple, simultaneous deadlines
- Extremely fast paced working environment
- Extensive computer usage
National Council is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer – All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
National Council uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please contact the Department of Homeland Security at 888-897-7781 or visitwww.dhs.gov/everify.
National Council for Behavioral Health uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please contact the Department of Homeland Security at 888-897-7781 or by visiting www.dhs.gov/everify
Labor Law Posters for Remote Staff:
Labor Law Posters
The EEO is the Law poster is current. This is the supplement. EEO is the Law Supplement