|Title:||Manager, Conference Exhibit & Sponsorship Sales|
The National Council for Behavioral Health (National Council) is the unifying voice of America’s community mental health and addictions treatment organizations. A not-for-profit 501(c)(3) association, the National Council for Behavioral Health’s mission is to advance our members’ ability to deliver integrated healthcare. Together with our 3,400 member organizations, we serve our nation’s most vulnerable citizens — more than 10 million adults and children living with mental illnesses and addiction disorders. We are committed to ensuring all Americans have access to comprehensive, high-quality care that affords every opportunity for recovery and full participation in community life.
The National Council is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and commit ourselves to creating an inclusive environment for everyone.
The National Council is seeking an experienced sales and business development professional. This position is a part of the conferences team and works closely with them to develop and execute new strategies to increase exhibit sales, meetings and conference sponsorship opportunities, and increase revenue. The individual must have the ability to understand the business needs of potential sales targets, along with the capability of effectively identifying leads, making an offer, and closing the sale. The individual will develop sales and sponsorship plans, along with a comprehensive sponsorship benefits package in consultation with the AVP, Conferences to support the business objectives of the Conference Department.
- Responsible for the sale of all conference exhibits, sponsorship and advertising generating revenue including hybrid and virtual exhibit platforms and in line with budgeted annual goals.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive sales and sponsorship strategy and plan for National Council conferences and events.
- Identify high-value sales and sponsorship opportunities (e.g., prioritize channels and prospects) to meet revenue targets, in collaboration with internal stakeholders.
- Create, promote, and sell products/services/sponsorships to existing and prospective targets.
- Communicate to current and potential prospects via calls (outbound and inbound calls), direct mail, email, and social media.
- Create an experience and/or benefits package relevant to the product, service, or company.
- Cultivate new customers for the annual conference.
- Provide information on conference exhibit sales, specialty sponsorship areas, ads, etc. and hands off to appropriate staff/vendors. Follows up as appropriate, and schedules regular, face-to-face check-ins.
- Ensure that all annual conference invoices due to National Council are paid in full prior to the event.
- Work with the Marketing Department, to create promotional materials for National Council conferences and events for video and written communications to potential sales targets.
- Responsible for the development and management of the sponsor/exhibit webpage for conferences and events.
- Prepares progress reports and budget reports.
- Provide other funding/sales support as required and assists in identification and organization of special campaigns and strategies to expand funding opportunities.
Foster & Maintain Excellent Client Relations:
- Manage client relations (prior to, during and post events) in such a way to mitigate issues and concerns. When they do arise, resolve them in a timely manner.
- Ensure long-term retention of current partners (vendors, exhibitors, etc.) and sponsors.
- Maintain extensive knowledge of current market conditions and report this to key staff to build and maintain important client relationships.
- Maintain strong ongoing knowledge of the behavioral healthcare landscape and industry.
- Utilize Customer Relationship Management system (Microsoft Dynamics 365) and other tools such as CadmiumCD to record, track and plan client activity while maintaining a pipeline of potential new business.
- Work with partners to ensure that all deliverables offered in agreements are delivered and that results for these efforts are reviewed with them.
- Bachelors degree or related experience
- 3+ years of sales experience is required, preferably in healthcare and membership association services.
- 3+ years of business development and market development experience in an office environment desired.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience in prospect development and management, sponsor acquisition, and customer retention.
- Experience in developing lists for email and direct mail marketing campaigns for product and sponsorship sales.
- Expertise in the development of sales plans including the identification of target markets, customer segmentation, and customer outreach.
- Strong interpersonal and customer-service skills required.
- Consistent and thorough attention to detail.
- Strong critical thinking skills. Ability to understand how the sales of each of the various association products benefit different customers.
- Entrepreneurial drive and demonstrated success in exceeding revenue targets.
- Experience developing a new sales territory including lead generation and cold calling.
- Ability to sell to C-level executives.
- Exceptional analytical, verbal, and written communication ability. Comfortable with giving presentations to varying sizes of groups.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to multi-task and meet multiple, simultaneous deadlines.
- Relentless dedication to client service.
- Willing to embrace new technology and social media.
- MS Office suite and CRM proficiency.
- Manage conflict and create win-win situations
- Work towards results
- Strong Communications Skills
- Technical and Professional Expertise
- Teamwork and Collaboration
**NOTE** This position will operate remotely until pandemic restrictions are lifted. After restrictions are lifted, this position will report to the Washington, DC office.
National Council is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer – All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
National Council uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please contact the Department of Homeland Security at 888-897-7781 or visitwww.dhs.gov/everify.
National Council for Behavioral Health uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please contact the Department of Homeland Security at 888-897-7781 or by visiting www.dhs.gov/everify
Labor Law Posters for Remote Staff:
Labor Law Posters
The EEO is the Law poster is current. This is the supplement. EEO is the Law Supplement