|Title:||Associate, Training Operations|
|Department:||Mental Health First Aid|
The National Council for Behavioral Health (National Council) is the unifying voice of America’s community mental health and addictions treatment organizations. A not-for-profit 501(c)(3) association, the National Council for Behavioral Health’s mission is to advance our members’ ability to deliver integrated healthcare. Together with our 3,400 member organizations, we serve our nation’s most vulnerable citizens — more than 10 million adults and children living with mental illnesses and addiction disorders. We are committed to ensuring all Americans have access to comprehensive, high-quality care that affords every opportunity for recovery and full participation in community life. The National Council introduced Mental Health First Aid USA and more than 2.5 million Americans have been trained.
The National Council is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and commit ourselves to creating an inclusive environment for everyone.
Mental Health First Aid is an 8-hour course that teaches people how to help someone who is developing a mental health problem or experiencing a mental health crisis. The training helps participants identify, understand, and respond to signs of mental illness and substance use disorders.
As directed by the Manager, Instructor Trainings & Quality the Associate, Training Operations is accountable for creating and coordinating logistics of 10+ Instructor courses each week. This includes entering accurate data, shipping materials, and providing exceptional customer support to instructor candidates and National Trainers. Working as part of the Instructor Trainings team, this role will be required to provide basic technical assistance to instructor candidates on multiple systems and platforms including our CRM, LMS, Zoom, and Portal via email and phone.
- Serving as primary contact for the coordination, logistics, and applications for private Instructor Trainings
- Data entry for the creation and maintenance of instructor trainings
- Managing financial processing and invoicing for private trainings and vendors
- Administrative processing of all private instructor training contracts and preparing documents for appropriate signatures
- Processing CEU’s for instructor candidates
- Provide exceptional customer support to instructor training candidates and National Trainers including technical assistance across system platforms including the LMS, Zoom, and CRM portal
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in related field
- 2+ years as a coordinator, administrative assistant, or similar role
- Experience using a CRM database and/or Learning Management System (LMS) or other comparable system
- High level proficiency in Microsoft Office—MS Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint
- 1-2 years project management experience a plus, but not required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Outstanding customer, interpersonal, and written communication skills.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Results-oriented with a high attention to detail, ability to multi-task, and meet deadlines in a demanding, fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to work effectively as a member of team to achieve results
- Ability to interact with internal and external stakeholders at all levels with professionalism and diplomacy.
- Ability to stay calm when customers are frustrated or upset
**NOTE** This position will operate remotely until pandemic restrictions are lifted. After restrictions are lifted, this position will report to the Washington, DC office.
Council is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer – All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Council uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please contact the Department of Homeland Security at 888-897-7781 or visitwww.dhs.gov/everify.
National Council for Behavioral Health uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please contact the Department of Homeland Security at 888-897-7781 or by visiting www.dhs.gov/everify
Labor Law Posters for Remote Staff:
Labor Law Posters
The EEO is the Law poster is current. This is the supplement. EEO is the Law Supplement