|Title:||Associate, Instructor Trainings|
|Department:||Mental Health First Aid|
The National Council for Behavioral Health (National Council) is the unifying voice of America’s community mental health and addictions treatment organizations. A not-for-profit 501(c)(3) association, the National Council for Behavioral Health’s mission is to advance our members’ ability to deliver integrated healthcare. Together with our 3,400 member organizations, we serve our nation’s most vulnerable citizens — more than 10 million adults and children living with mental illnesses and addiction disorders. We are committed to ensuring all Americans have access to comprehensive, high-quality care that affords every opportunity for recovery and full participation in community life. The National Council introduced Mental Health First Aid USA and more than 2.5 million Americans have been trained.
The National Council is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and commit ourselves to creating an inclusive environment for everyone.
Mental Health First Aid is an 8-hour course that teaches people how to help someone who is developing a mental health problem or experiencing a mental health crisis. The training helps participants identify, understand, and respond to signs of mental illness and substance use disorders.
As directed by the Manager, Instructor Trainings the Associate, Instructor Trainings is accountable for creating Instructor courses in the systems, entering accurate data, and providing first level of support to instructor candidates and National Trainers. This role also ensures materials for 10+ courses each week are shipped and arrive prior to each training. Working as part of the Instructor Trainings team, this role will be required to provide basic technical assistance to instructor candidates on multiple systems and platforms including our CRM, LMS, Zoom, and Portal via email and phone.
- Data entry for the creation and maintenance of instructor trainings
- Provide exceptional customer support to instructor training candidates and National Trainers
- Offer technical assistance to instructor candidates across system platforms including the LMS, Zoom, and CRM portal
- Assist with material shipment for instructor trainings
- Other duties as assigned
- Post-secondary degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience with using a CRM database and/or Learning Management System (LMS) or other comparable system
- Outstanding customer, interpersonal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to interact with internal and external stakeholders at all levels with professionalism and diplomacy.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite products.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills with a high attention to detail.
- Proven ability to work effectively as a member of team to achieve results
- Ability to stay calm when customers are frustrated or upset
**NOTE** This position will operate remotely until pandemic restrictions are lifted. After restrictions are lifted, this position will report to the Washington, DC office.
Council is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer – All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Council uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please contact the Department of Homeland Security at 888-897-7781 or visitwww.dhs.gov/everify.
National Council for Behavioral Health uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please contact the Department of Homeland Security at 888-897-7781 or by visiting www.dhs.gov/everify
Labor Law Posters for Remote Staff:
Labor Law Posters
The EEO is the Law poster is current. This is the supplement. EEO is the Law Supplement