|Title:||Senior Director, Business Operations|
|Department:||Mental Health First Aid|
The National Council for Behavioral Health (National Council) is the unifying voice of America’s community mental health and addictions treatment organizations. A not-for-profit 501(c)(3) association, the National Council for Behavioral Health’s mission is to advance our members’ ability to deliver integrated healthcare. Together with our 3,400 member organizations, we serve our nation’s most vulnerable citizens — more than 10 million adults and children living with mental illnesses and addiction disorders. We are committed to ensuring all Americans have access to comprehensive, high-quality care that affords every opportunity for recovery and full participation in community life. The National Council introduced Mental Health First Aid USA and more than 2 million Americans have been trained.
The National Council is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and commit ourselves to creating an inclusive environment for everyone.
The Senior Director, Business Operations is responsible for increasing the efficiency of MHFA through systematic improvements to operational functions, including but not limited to data systems, business and systems process design and vendor management.
Position Duties & Responsibilities
Business Processes (30%)
- Ongoing analysis of MHFA business processes to ensure efficiency, quality improvement, and excellent customer service.
- Maintains consistent and proactive communication with Assistant Vice President regarding project activities, including but not limited to progress on deliverables, financial reports, implementation challenges, and risk mitigation strategies.
- Ensures monitoring controls are in place for all processes (reports, email alerts, etc.).
Data Systems and IT (35%)
- Leads proposal and implementation of technological solutions to meet current and future programmatic needs.
- Leads support operations/process creation and improvement of the Learning Management System and the CRM in conjunction with the IT team.
- Oversees MHFA IT project prioritization, internal project planning and implementation, and staff time planning for UAT.
- Oversees preparation of weekly and monthly dashboards and reports that include the analysis of data, status of goals, accomplishments, and leading indicators.
- Drives reporting and data quality improvements that result in greater internal and external efficiencies.
- Develops operational metrics and ensures all processes are measurable and scalable.
Vendor, Finance, and Management (15%)
- Supports Assistant Vice President with the annual MHFA budget development process and the production of monthly financial statements.
- Applies ongoing process improvement to department and functional area financial monitoring process in coordination with the Assistant Vice President.
- Manages fulfillment vendor relationship and vendor contracts as needed.
- Ensures there are consistent quality control measures for inventory management.
Human Resources and Supervision (20%)
- Provides direct supervision to staff as required.
- Actively participates in the MHFA leadership team to ensure the execution of the MHFA Strategic Plan.
- Coordinate the HR Functions for all MHFA Team including the onboarding, cross training, and operational training.
- Supports overall National Council activities and carries out other duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration or similar field.
- Six Sigma or equivalent highly desired.
- 10 years of experience in an operations role, preferably in a corporate environment.
- 3+ years of supervisory experience.
- Effective interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to work well in a team culture.
- Demonstrated experience in financial analysis, business process development, and vendor management.
- Experience in implementing quality improvement methodologies to enhance programmatic efficiency.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to perform at a high level in a fluid environment.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills.
- Results-oriented with a high attention to detail, ability to multi-task, and meet deadlines in a demanding, fast-paced environment.
- Establishes and maintains positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the National Council for Behavioral Health.
- Anticipates, understands, and responds to the needs of internal and external clients to meet or exceed their expectations within organizational parameters.
- Proven experience with Microsoft Dynamics CRM (365 online, 2016, 2015, 2013) and web based (cloud) data platforms.
- Technical and functional knowledge in working with “Portal” module of Dynamics CRM.
- Problem Solving
- Analytical Thinking
**NOTE** This position will operate remotely until pandemic restrictions are lifted. After restrictions are lifted, this position will report to the Washington, DC office.
National Council is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer – All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
National Council uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please contact the Department of Homeland Security at 888-897-7781 or visitwww.dhs.gov/everify.
National Council for Behavioral Health uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please contact the Department of Homeland Security at 888-897-7781 or by visiting www.dhs.gov/everify
Labor Law Posters for Remote Staff:
Labor Law Posters
The EEO is the Law poster is current. This is the supplement. EEO is the Law Supplement