|Department:||Practice Improvement and Consulting (PIC)|
The National Council for Behavioral Health (National Council) is the unifying voice of America’s community mental health and addictions treatment organizations. A not-for-profit 501(c)(3) association, the National Council for Behavioral Health’s mission is to advance our members’ ability to deliver integrated healthcare. Together with our 3,400 member organizations, we serve our nation’s most vulnerable citizens — more than 10 million adults and children living with mental illnesses and addiction disorders. We are committed to ensuring all Americans have access to comprehensive, high-quality care that affords every opportunity for recovery and full participation in community life. The National Council introduced Mental Health First Aid USA and more than 2.5 million Americans have been trained.
The National Council is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and commit ourselves to creating an inclusive environment for everyone.
The Operations Manager supports the Assistant Vice President of Operations in the Practice Improvement department by helping to drive systemization of common activities and processes within the department. The Operations Manager is responsible for identifying business processes that need improvement and for managing department operations toward the goal of supporting and creating effective and efficient departmental processes and resources, and tracking and reporting mechanisms. The Operations Manager supports Practice Area staff to ensure smooth and consistent adoption of new processes and guidance.
Specifically, the Operations Manager will:
- Research, review and recommend existing policies and procedures to create efficiencies within the department.
- Work with all staff levels to ensure new or altered policies and processes are applicable, efficient, effective and standardized across the department
- Recommend risk mitigation strategies related to new processes and procedures.
- Support the development of business tools to enable improved decision making in the department
- Develop and collaborate with the AVP on trainings to support adoption of new operational processes to ensure understanding of new processes and procedures.
- Identify and recommend work plan metrics and pursue data collection methods for accurate trending reports.
- Leverage established data and reporting methods to conduct fiscal planning, raise staffing needs, build communications strategy, and business strategy in tandem with leadership and applicable departments.
- In coordination with the AVP, serve as a liaison with other departments to ensure interdepartmental understanding and to maximize collaboration
- Use knowledge of different practice areas to aid in proposal development
- Serve as an operation liaison to other departmental functions and, practice areas in the implementation of new processes and operational effective efforts
- Carries out other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors in business, management or a related field
- At least 5-7 years of project management experience with demonstrated track
- record for achieving results
- Proficient in Microsoft Office - MS Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Proficient in budgeting and project management tools
- Judgment: Possesses solid critical thinking and problem-solving skills. Takes a step back and asks if the possible outcome makes sense. Takes a data-driven approach, ensuring that all necessary factors/entities are included and analyzed before a decision is made. Makes decisions based upon what is best for TNC.
- Business Acumen: Seen as a solutions-oriented professional with the ability to be flexible and agile when dealing with shifting business priorities and strategies. Understands how their role and tasks map to the mission and strategic goals of the organization. Is viewed as an expert in the role and consistently performs at a high level. Possesses accuracy and strong attention to detail.
- Management: Builds relationships and client trust through deep collaboration and the ability to find effective solutions to challenges. Works independently, can foster long-term relationships with key customers to drive business growth. optimizes execution on current contracts/grants to build TNC’s reputation;
- Conflict Management: Demonstrates agility and the ability to adapt to fluid situations. Respectively allows everyone to voice an opinion. Works to resolve differences and maintains effective working relationships. Is calm and deescalates conflict.
- Cross-Collaboration: Drives a collaborative work environment across the department. Can convene and facilitate cross-departmental meetings.
- Accountability: Takes ownership for the completion of projects and tasks. Results oriented with a high attention to detail, ability to multitask, and meet deadlines. Is self-aware of how they present to audiences and key stakeholders and corrects own mistakes.
- Communication: Possesses superior active listening skills and presentation skills. Escalates issues to the manager with solutions. Engages in persuasive communication techniques.
- Oral: takes complex information and conveys it in a manner that is understandable for different audiences.
- Written: Can synthesize information with summary notes. Creates documents that are clear and concise.
- Customer Service: Treats internal and external customers with respect, empathy and kindness. Seeks to fulfill internal and external customer needs and resolve problems to the customer’s satisfaction.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion: Is mindful of one’s unconscious bias and seeks to avoid it. Feels empowered to raise diversity-related concerns to supervisor.
- Integrity: Maintains confidentiality and is viewed as a trustworthy resource. Ability to work under pressure and thrive in a demanding, fast-paced environment
- Contribute to a strong team-based environment: understands how to motive and empower a team to the successful completion of projects. Advocates for the team, provides mentorship, listens to team concerns, and provides consistent feedback; transparent and communicative with staff, always letting them know where they stand.
National Council is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer – All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
National Council uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please contact the Department of Homeland Security at 888-897-7781 or visitwww.dhs.gov/everify.
National Council for Behavioral Health uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please contact the Department of Homeland Security at 888-897-7781 or by visiting www.dhs.gov/everify
Labor Law Posters for Remote Staff:
Labor Law Posters
The EEO is the Law poster is current. This is the supplement. EEO is the Law Supplement