|Title:||Assistant Vice President , Communications|
|Department:||Communications and Strategic Development|
The incumbent will function as a leader in the Communications Department and reports to the SVP, Communications and Strategic Development
As directed by the Senior Vice President, Communications, this position will play a critical role in determining and executing our strategies to elevate the National Council's brand. The Assistant Vice President, Communications oversees strategy and execution for key portfolios in the organization, and provides direct supervision to directors and other staff to ensure execution of strategic messaging, high quality, targeted, and timely deliverables, and professional growth and development of employees. The AVP must work collaboratively across the organization to achieve communications goals, as well as within the Communications and Strategic Development team and with vendors and consultants.
This position requires an organized, creative manager who is both results oriented and can lead other employees with confidence. This position ensures the work of the Department lives within the framework of the National Council's messages, policy goals, priorities, and annual organizational work plan. The Assistant Vice President, Communications will perform other duties as assigned.
- Develop, oversee and implement an integrated strategic communications plan to broaden awareness of the National Council and its work, raise awareness of the work of our members and the importance of access to quality care, and increase visibility among stakeholders
- Oversee, in collaboration with the SVP, message development, public relations, media relations, and marketing content development for projects under your portfolio.
- Manage a team of communications professionals working on a wide variety of projects across the organization.
- Identify challenges and emerging issues and work with leadership and staff to identify solutions and execute appropriate strategies as required.
- Regularly consider new trends, platforms and methodologies and weigh their inclusion in the team's portfolio of skills and strategies.
- Serve as a high functioning leader, working in partnership with content experts across the organization to deliver products and results that best serve our funders and the National Council.
Bachelor's degree in related field required
12+ years' experience in related field
At least 7 years of demonstrated supervisory and leadership experience
High emotional intelligence to navigate internal and external dynamics
High level proficiency in Microsoft Office-PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook, etc
Exceptional written, oral, and interpersonal skills
Results-oriented with a high attention to detail, ability to multi-task, and meet deadlines in a demanding, fast-paced environment
The is the unifying voice of America's health care organizations that deliver mental health and addictions treatment and services. Together with our 2,900 member organizations serving over 10 million adults, children and families living with mental illnesses and addictions, the National Council is committed to all Americans having access to comprehensive, high-quality care that affords every opportunity for recovery. The National Council helped introduce and more than 1 million Americans have been trained.