|Title:||National Sales Director|
|Department:||Business & Strategy|
|Location:||Washington, DC or Remote|
The National Council for Behavioral Health (National Council) is the unifying voice of America’s community mental health and addictions treatment organizations. A not-for-profit 501(c)(3) association, the National Council for Behavioral Health’s mission is to advance our members’ ability to deliver integrated healthcare. Together with our 3,400 member organizations, we serve our nation’s most vulnerable citizens — more than 10 million adults and children living with mental illnesses and addiction disorders. We are committed to ensuring all Americans have access to comprehensive, high-quality care that affords every opportunity for recovery and full participation in community life. The National Council introduced Mental Health First Aid USA and more than 2.5 million Americans have been trained.
The National Council is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and commit ourselves to creating an inclusive environment for everyone.
The Business & Strategy Department is newly formed out of the recognition that certain programmatic and business opportunities can be optimized when activated with an organizational, cross-departmental perspective. Department responsibilities range from overseeing a full continuum of relationship-to-business development; program design; advising other departments as they consider and implement new tactics for programs and operations; and managing a variety of internal and external special projects. By its very nature, this department is intended to be nimble, serve as a resource to others in support of collaboration and efficiency and drive growth.
The National Sales Director will lead a new division of the department focused on developing and overseeing the National Council Solutions Center. The Solution Center markets and sells a menu of relevant product and consulting solutions aligned to mental health and addiction needs across the nation. This includes needs within and outside of the healthcare industry across a range of organization types. In collaboration with the Vice President of Business and Strategy, the National Sales Director is responsible for the (1) strategic planning, (2) marketing & brand development and (3) account management & sales operations of the Solutions Center. This is a new function of the organization and thus requires an individual who can build systems and relationships while conducting external national account and sales activities with various decision makers.
A successful Director will bring the very best of their national experience in strategic planning, marketing & brand development and account management and sales operations to develop and direct the National Council Solutions Center; while embracing the context, culture and mission of the organization. This position supervises regionally focused representatives and closely collaborates with a marketing manager, both to be hired. We are looking for an experienced leader who enjoys leading a team to achieve goals, brings high emotional intelligence to encounters with internal and external customers and will passionately create structures and processes where there are none.
Strategic planning activities:
- Develop and oversee the commercialization of National Council product and consulting solutions at the national level.
- Develop and oversee account and sales forecasting for the Solutions Center.
- Analyze qualitative and quantitative data to guide strategy. This includes analyzing business opportunity within and outside of the healthcare industry (i.e. non-profit organizations, for-profit organizations, foundations, governmental entities, schools and universities).
- Direct and oversee the national account and sales pipeline.
- In collaboration with internal departments, develop product and consulting solution pricing strategy.
Marketing & brand development activities:
- In collaboration with the marketing and communications team, lead internal planning discussions regarding the marketing and positioning of product and consulting solutions.
- Closely collaborate with a marketing manager to produce relevant presentations and materials specific to the Solutions Center product and consulting solutions.
Account management & sales operations activities:
- Develop and oversee the Solutions Center while increasing sales and leading a results-oriented account and sales team. Ensure utilization of a consultative and solutions-based approach at the national level.
- In collaboration with the VP of Business & Strategy, lead and develop national account and sales plans/targets in alignment with organizational needs. Account and sales plans should include effective strategies to manage customer relationships and position solutions to relevant decision-makers. The National Sales Director will ensure the regional representatives execute plans appropriately.
- Oversee the delivery of product and consulting offerings. Ensure representatives (1) deliver product and consulting offerings to a variety of organizations within and outside of the healthcare industry, (2) deliver presentations at a variety of venues and events and (3) positively manage relationships with customers.
- Build and maintain relationships across internal departments and with organizational leadership to source feedback on product and consulting solutions as well as outreach methods.
- Synthesize national market insights from organizations and decision-makers to direct strategic planning and marketing & brand development efforts.
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships with decision-makers to benefit sales and our understanding of gaps in our offerings.
- Develop and oversee account and sales activity within Microsoft Dynamics.
- Direct and supervise staff and in so doing, contribute to the National Council’s ‘Best Places to Work’ goal.
- Develop and oversee the Solution Center infrastructure (e.g. workflows and other ways of doing day-to-day business).
- Participates in department and all staff meetings
- Travels on behalf of the National Council as needed
- Carries out other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Good interpersonal skills and communication with all levels of management
- Proficiency in conducting quantitative and qualitative analyses
- Demonstrates experience in synthesizing market insights and data to drive business planning
- Proven ability to drive the account and sales process from plan to close
- Proficiency in learning and building diverse product lines
- Proven ability to articulate the distinct aspects of products and services
- Proven ability to position products against competitors
- Demonstrates experience as national account or sales lead, developing client-focused, differentiated and achievable solutions
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- A driving force who manages toward clarity and solutions
- Able to work effectively under pressure to meet tight deadlines and goals
- A team player with a flexible and creative approach
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility and a commitment to the National Council’s mission
- Strict adherence to company policies and style
- 7-9 years’ experience in B2B sales required
- At least 2-3 years’ experience as a senior manager/sales director overseeing other account/sales staff required
- Healthcare sales, ideally with mental health or substance use products, strongly preferred
- B.A./B.S. in related discipline
- Problem Solving
- Analytical Thinking
- Results Oriented
The National Council is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer – All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
The National Council uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please contact the Department of Homeland Security at 888-897-7781 or visitwww.dhs.gov/everify.
National Council for Behavioral Health uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please contact the Department of Homeland Security at 888-897-7781 or by visiting www.dhs.gov/everify
Labor Law Posters for Remote Staff:
Labor Law Posters
The EEO is the Law poster is current. This is the supplement. EEO is the Law Supplement