|Title:||Manager, Instructor Training and Quality|
|Department:||Mental Health First Aid|
The National Council for Behavioral Health (National Council) is the unifying voice of America’s community mental health and addictions treatment organizations. A not-for-profit 501(c)(3) association, the National Council for Behavioral Health’s mission is to advance our members’ ability to deliver integrated healthcare. Together with our 3,400 member organizations, we serve our nation’s most vulnerable citizens — more than 10 million adults and children living with mental illnesses and addiction disorders. We are committed to ensuring all Americans have access to comprehensive, high-quality care that affords every opportunity for recovery and full participation in community life. The National Council introduced Mental Health First Aid USA and more than 2.5 million Americans have been trained.
The National Council is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and commit ourselves to creating an inclusive environment for everyone.
Mental Health First Aid is an 8-hour course that teaches people how to help someone who is developing a mental health problem or experiencing a mental health crisis. The training helps participants identify, understand, and respond to signs of mental illness and substance use disorders. As directed by the Director, Program Operations, the Manager of Instructor Training and Quality will be responsible for managing all day-to-day operations of MHFA Instructor Trainings and quality programs.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of all Instructor Trainings including:
- Management of host site opportunities and potential pipeline
- Management of the National Council Instructor training schedule
- Training logistics
- Scheduling of National Trainers
- Invoicing (internal and external)
- CEU processing
- Ensure revenue and expense targets are met for all Instructor Trainings.
- Leads and participates in regular status meetings and communication with high-impact organizations.
- Oversee Instructor application processing and quality review.
- Provide end-to-end identification, evaluation, and management of Instructor quality including provisionalInstructors.
- Oversee the review of Instructor accreditations ensuring that all accredited Instructors meet certificationcriteria and manage the review process when Instructors fall out of compliance.
- Provides supervision to the Instructor Training and Quality team members.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in related field.
- 3+ years experience in operations as a project manager, or similar position.
- 3+ years supervisory experience.
- High level proficiency in Microsoft Office—MS Word, Excel, Access.
- Exceptional relationship management and communication skills and experience interfacing with external customers.
- Exceptional judgement skills and ability to make sound decisions in a fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills.
- Results-oriented with a high attention to detail, ability to multi-task, and meet deadlines in a demanding,fast-paced environment.
- PMP a plus, but not required.
**NOTE** This position will operate remotely until pandemic restrictions are lifted. After restrictions are lifted, this position will report to the Washington, DC office.
The National Council is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer – All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
The National Council uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please contact the Department of Homeland Security at 888-897-7781 or visitwww.dhs.gov/everify.
National Council for Behavioral Health uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please contact the Department of Homeland Security at 888-897-7781 or by visiting www.dhs.gov/everify
Labor Law Posters for Remote Staff:
Labor Law Posters
The EEO is the Law poster is current. This is the supplement. EEO is the Law Supplement