|Title:||Project Manager, Business Operations|
|Department:||Mental Health First Aid|
|Location:||Washington, DC or Remote|
The National Council for Behavioral Health (National Council) is the unifying voice of America’s community mental health and addictions treatment organizations. A not-for-profit 501(c)(3) association, the National Council for Behavioral Health’s mission is to advance our members’ ability to deliver integrated healthcare. Together with our 3,400 member organizations, we serve our nation’s most vulnerable citizens — more than 10 million adults and children living with mental illnesses and addiction disorders. We are committed to ensuring all Americans have access to comprehensive, high-quality care that affords every opportunity for recovery and full participation in community life.
Mental Health First Aid is an 8-hour course that teaches people how to help someone who is developing a mental health problem or experiencing a mental health crisis. The training helps participants identify, understand, and respond to signs of mental illness and substance use disorders. As directed by the Director, Strategic Partnerships, the Project Manager position provides project management support for multiple initiatives related to training implementation, meeting funder expectations, and partnership management. This position assists in the day-to-day operations of the Department within the framework of the National Council's strategic goals, priorities, and annual organizational work plan. We seek candidates who are positive, inventive, proactive, and efficient while maintaining an approachable and professional presence to internal and external audiences.
- Development and monitoring of work plans for projects of varying sizes and degrees of complexity
- Coordination and collaboration with Senior Director, Business Operations in the implementation of a Learning Management System
- Support the creation of new tools and processes for successful project management
- Interaction with other team members, including task oversight and delegation, to develop and execute work plans
- Monitor performance and communicating areas of risk and opportunity to the project director and other National Council leadership, where appropriate
- Draft progress reports and other materials that describe MHFA implementation projects and results
- Coordinate and scheduling project and team related meetings
- Support proposal and business development
- Other duties, as assigned
- Bachelors’ Degree in related field with 1-2 years of project management experience
- PMP is a plus
- Experience with in-person and virtual meeting planning and coordination
- Results-oriented with a very high attention to detail
- High level proficiency in Microsoft Office—MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Exceptional written, oral, and interpersonal skills
- Able to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines in a demanding, fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in virtual meeting/collaboration and project management software (e.g., Zoom, Higher Logic, Asana) preferred
- Problem Solving
- Analytical Thinking
- Results Oriented
- Entrepreneurial spirit
National Council is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer – All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
National Council uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please contact the Department of Homeland Security at 888-897-7781 or visitwww.dhs.gov/everify.
National Council for Behavioral Health uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please contact the Department of Homeland Security at 888-897-7781 or by visiting www.dhs.gov/everify
Labor Law Posters for Remote Staff:
Labor Law Posters
The EEO is the Law poster is current. This is the supplement. EEO is the Law Supplement