|Title:||Customer Service Representative|
|Department:||Mental Health First Aid|
The National Council for Behavioral Health (National Council) is the unifying voice of America’s community mental health and addictions treatment organizations. A not-for-profit 501(c)(3) association, the National Council for Behavioral Health’s mission is to advance our members’ ability to deliver integrated healthcare. Together with our 3,400 member organizations, we serve our nation’s most vulnerable citizens — more than 10 million adults and children living with mental illnesses and addiction disorders. We are committed to ensuring all Americans have access to comprehensive, high-quality care that affords every opportunity for recovery and full participation in community life. The National Council introduced Mental Health First Aid USA and more than 2.5 million Americans have been trained.
The National Council is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and commit ourselves to creating an inclusive environment for everyone.
The Customer Service Representative will work under the direction of the Manager, Customer Service to provide day-to-day support of the Mental Health First Aid operations and its customers. Working as part of the customer service team, this position will respond to inquiries, questions, and complaints by email and phone. This role will be required to provide technical assistance to Instructors and First Aiders on multiple systems and platforms including our CRM, LMS, and Portal, process requests from all audiences, and escalate inquiries across communication channels. The Customer Service Representative will need to maintain a professional, positive, and empathetic attitude towards customers.
- Acts as a first point of contact for all audiences (i.e. Instructors, First Aiders, the general community) with inquiries about Mental Health First Aid.
- Maintain a positive, empathetic and professional attitude toward customers at all times.
- Communicate with customers through various channels including email and phone.
- Receive and respond to level 1 service inquiries within 24 hours and answer or triage level 2 and 3 inquiries to ensure completion within 24-48 hours.
- Provide feedback on the efficiency of the customer service processes and assist in the implementation of improvements.
- Ensure customer satisfaction and provide professional customer support.
- Provide technical assistance to end user across system platforms including the LMS and CRM portal
- Contributes to enhanced support strategies and personalized technical assistance across system platforms
- Primary work hours are 8:30 am – 5:00 pm, but position may require some days with hours of 10:30 am – 7:00 pm.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Post-secondary degree or equivalent experience.
- 1-3 years of experience in providing superior customer service and/or helpdesk management.
- Experience with using a CRM database and/or Learning Management System (LMS) or other comparable system
- Experience providing technical assistance to end users on using systems
- Outstanding customer, interpersonal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to interact with internal and external stakeholders at all levels with professionalism and diplomacy.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite products.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills with a high attention to detail.
- Proven ability to work effectively as a member of team to achieve results
- Ability to stay calm when customers are frustrated or upset
**NOTE** This position will operate remotely until pandemic restrictions are lifted. After restrictions are lifted, this position will report to the Washington, DC office.
Council is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer – All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Council uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please contact the Department of Homeland Security at 888-897-7781 or visitwww.dhs.gov/everify.
National Council for Behavioral Health uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please contact the Department of Homeland Security at 888-897-7781 or by visiting www.dhs.gov/everify
Labor Law Posters for Remote Staff:
Labor Law Posters
The EEO is the Law poster is current. This is the supplement. EEO is the Law Supplement