|Title:||Project Coordinator, COE-IHS|
|Department:||Practice Improvement and Consulting (PIC)|
The National Council for Behavioral Health (National Council) is the unifying voice of America’s community mental health and addictions treatment organizations. A not-for-profit 501(c)(3) association, the National Council for Behavioral Health’s mission is to advance our members’ ability to deliver integrated healthcare. Together with our 3,400 member organizations, we serve our nation’s most vulnerable citizens — more than 10 million adults and children living with mental illnesses and addiction disorders. We are committed to ensuring all Americans have access to comprehensive, high-quality care that affords every opportunity for recovery and full participation in community life.
The SAMHSA Center of Excellence for Integrated Health Solutions (COE-IHS) is funded by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), and run by the National Council for Behavioral Health. COE-IHS is a national training and technical assistance center promoting the development of integrated primary and behavioral health services to better address the needs of individuals with mental health and substance use conditions. Visit the COE-IHS website for additional Center information (https://www.thenationalcouncil.org/integrated-health-coe/).
The National Council is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and commit ourselves to creating an inclusive environment for everyone.
The Project Coordinator position is critical to achieve the National Council’s goal of providing timely and meaningful technical assistance to community-based mental health and addiction provider organizations and to achieve integrated care objectives. The Project Coordinator position is responsible for supporting a diverse array of administrative functions of the COE-IHS portfolio including but not limited to contract and subcontractor administration; documenting detailed meeting minutes and action items; scheduling of government project officer weekly meetings, coaching calls and webinars; copy editing and formatting of presentations and documents; maintaining databases and Excel tracking documents; coordinating and tracking work products with complex and multi-tiered deadlines; managing team meetings and follow up; and other projects as assigned. The incumbent must have strong skill and experience in program coordination, excellent customer service skills, detailed and highly professional written and oral communication abilities, and demonstrated organizational and time management skills. Successful candidates will be intensely detail-oriented and possess an ability to effectively engage in multiple tasks and projects any given day.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- At least 3-5 years of project coordination experience
- Results-oriented with a high attention to detail, ability to multi-task, and meet deadlines in a demanding, fast-paced environment
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong program coordination and support experience, expertise in meeting/event planning and team-based projects
- Demonstrated writing and proofreading skill
- Knowledge of project management software, office management/administration and systems
- High-level proficiency in Microsoft Office—MS Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint
- Ability to engage in brief national travel approximately three times per year (2-3 days per trip)
- Problem Solving
- Analytical Thinking
- Results Oriented