|Title:||Intern, Leadership and Workforce Development|
|Department:||Practice Improvement and Consulting (PIC)|
|Location:||Washington, DC or Remote|
The National Council for Behavioral Health (National Council) is the unifying voice of America’s community mental health and addictions treatment organizations. A not-for-profit 501(c)(3) association, the National Council for Behavioral Health’s mission is to advance our members’ ability to deliver integrated healthcare. Together with our 3,400 member organizations, we serve our nation’s most vulnerable citizens — more than 10 million adults and children living with mental illnesses and addiction disorders. We are committed to ensuring all Americans have access to comprehensive, high-quality care that affords every opportunity for recovery and full participation in community life. The National Council introduced Mental Health First Aid USA and more than 2.5 million Americans have been trained.
The National Council is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and commit ourselves to creating an inclusive environment for everyone.
The Practice Improvement and Consulting Department (PIC) is central to the National Council’s goal of providing timely and meaningful technical assistance and consulting to community behavioral health organizations and other key stakeholders. The Leadership and Workforce Development Practice Area Intern will support a Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)-funded project focused on reducing health disparities and improving behavioral health access and health equity for underserved and marginalized populations nationally. We seek candidates who are positive, inventive, proactive, and efficient while maintaining an approachable and professional presence to internal and external audiences.
This position is part-time, 20 hours per week, and, due to COVID-19, will be a virtual position. Hours are flexible to work around school schedules and time zone differences. The National Council operates on Eastern Time. This position is for the spring semester with possible opportunity to extend the term.
- Quantitative and qualitative data entry and visualization
- Research and writing with a focus on SDOH, behavioral health care, and health equity-related topics
- Formatting, citation, and proofreading in Word and PowerPoint
- Scheduling support
- Rising Senior pursing Bachelor’s degree in psychology, social work, public health, sociology, political science, ethnic/cultural studies, gender studies, or other related field, Master’s preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Office365 – MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Teams
- High level proficiency in Zoom
- Exceptional writing, research, citation, and formatting skills
- Ability to quickly learn new software platforms and programs
- Results-oriented with a high attention to detail
- Ability to remain flexible and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- High level of interest in behavioral health care, health equity, trauma-informed and resilience-oriented care, health policy
- Analytical thinking
National Council is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer – All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
National Council uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please contact the Department of Homeland Security at 888-897-7781 or visitwww.dhs.gov/everify.
National Council for Behavioral Health uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please contact the Department of Homeland Security at 888-897-7781 or by visiting www.dhs.gov/everify
Labor Law Posters for Remote Staff:
Labor Law Posters
The EEO is the Law poster is current. This is the supplement. EEO is the Law Supplement