|Department:||Communications and Marketing|
The National Council for Behavioral Health (National Council) is the unifying voice of America’s community mental health and addictions treatment organizations. A not-for-profit 501(c)(3) association, the National Council for Behavioral Health’s mission is to advance our members’ ability to deliver integrated healthcare. Together with our 3,400 member organizations, we serve our nation’s most vulnerable citizens — more than 10 million adults and children living with mental illnesses and addiction disorders. We are committed to ensuring all Americans have access to comprehensive, high-quality care that affords every opportunity for recovery and full participation in community life. The National Council introduced Mental Health First Aid USA and more than 2.5 million Americans have been trained.
The National Council is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and commit ourselves to creating an inclusive environment for everyone.
As the Manager, Communications, this person will be a member of the Communications department, and serve as a liaison to the Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) at Work and Business & Strategy teams. This position assists in the day-to-day communications for business efforts related to the marketing and brand development of National Council products (e.g., MHFA at Work) and consulting solutions.
- In collaboration with MHFA at Work and Business & Strategy teams, managing communications project plans and other collateral materials that highlight National Council product and consulting solutions and their potential impact.
- Developing and implementing communications plans for various projects under the business remit
- Writing and editing a variety of collateral materials to be presented to external customers within and outside of the healthcare industry (e.g., non-profit organizations, for-profit organizations, foundations, governmental entities, schools and universities) and disseminated via social media, email, websites, newsletters, press releases and other distribution channels.
- Coordinating and collaborating with both internal staff or outside consultants on final copyediting, web development, email marketing, social media sharing and creative design needs
- Identifying press opportunities with our media relations team to raise the overall visibility of key projects and maximize reach with the media.
- Working with the PR, social media and web teams to ensure coordination across all communications activities to ensure that messaging aligns with the National Council brand. Maintaining relationships with project leaders and other key stakeholders.
- Performing other duties, as assigned.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Journalism, Communications, English or related field
- At least six years’ communications experience in behavioral health care communications.
- High level of expertise in writing, product development and management; project management experience preferred.
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal and customer service skills; ability to build relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders.
- High level proficiency in Microsoft Office – MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to contribute to a strong team-based environment.
- Results-oriented with a high attention to detail, ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a demanding, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to travel up to 10%.
National Council is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer – All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
National Council uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please contact the Department of Homeland Security at 888-897-7781 or visitwww.dhs.gov/everify.
National Council for Behavioral Health uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please contact the Department of Homeland Security at 888-897-7781 or by visiting www.dhs.gov/everify
Labor Law Posters for Remote Staff:
Labor Law Posters
The EEO is the Law poster is current. This is the supplement. EEO is the Law Supplement